- Company: Simplimantis is a mobile app development company that specializes in building Android and iOS apps. They are on a mission to turn brilliant ideas into beautiful products and powerful brands.
- Role: Graphic Designer that has an entrepreneurial mindset, with an eye for clean, artful design and loves working in a dynamic environment where you build technology that helps people solve real problems.
- Learn: A chance to communicate your own ideas, bring them to life and see them have a real impact on the company and society.
- Location: Cape Town
- Duration: Full Time
- Earn: Negotiable depending on experience.
FULL JOB SPEC:
We are looking for a graphics designer to work with our awesome team, based in Cape Town, South Africa. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, with an eye for clean, artful design and love working in a dynamic environment where you build technology that helps people solve real problems then this role is for you.
- Work directly with clients.
- Conduct user tests of UX designs and prototypes.
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, mobile apps and websites.
- Sketch and present UX concepts and behaviors with paper sketches, wireframes, workflows and high/low fidelity prototypes.
- Identify UX and UI design flaws and propose innovative solutions.
- Create content suitable for social media platforms and email marketing initiatives.
- Conduct market research to build initial product hypothesis.
- Convert data and research into intuitive and sleek user driven product design.
Capabilities and Knowledge
- Appropriate tertiary level qualification.
- Proficient in a design and wireframing tool i.e Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Coreldraw.
- Solid understanding of, or strong desire to learn, user-centered design principles and interaction design patterns related to web and mobile design.
Qualities of an individual who will fit with our culture:
- Have a “Get stuff done” mentality.
- Have an obsessive attention to detail and passion for making things.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, because we like to have fun with what we do.
- Have a genuine desire to serve our clients and to ensure their success.
- Passionate about shipping high-quality work.
- Show perseverance in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Inherently curious about new technology, tools and techniques.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active user of technology who has a deep understanding of what matters the most from the user’s perspective.
- Willing to explore trends and try out new things in the field of technology and design.
- Willing to constantly improve your skillset along with the rest of the team.
- Eager to participate in the wider Cape Town developer community by attending conferences, talks and workshops.
- Value your independence and autonomy. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you’ll take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, icons and layouts.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Benefits of working at Simplimantis
- Great opportunity to grow as a designer.
- Young, friendly and fun team.
- Unlimited supply of dry jokes and coffee.
- A chance to communicate your own ideas, bring them to life and see them have a real impact on the company and society.
- Relaxed working atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Possibility to work from home, from our office at the beautiful V&A Waterfront or anywhere else you prefer.