- WhatsApp is one of the most used communication channels in the world, making it one of the most accessible platforms for HR support & ESS.
- Many basic smartphones don’t have enough space to download a bespoke app, but most people have Whatsapp installed on their phones already.
- WhatsApp is a trusted form of communication making it an ideal communication tool for sensitive and important HR queries especially as messages are encrypted and even more secure than email.
- WhatsApp can also be accessed anytime and anywhere, making it easier for HR teams to support a large workforce.
Easy of Use
- WhatsApp is a user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate, which means that employees may find it more convenient to use than a bespoke mobile app. This can increase employee engagement with HR support services and lead to better outcomes for both employees and the business.
- Communication via WhatsApp is intuitive to people’s existing behaviour, which means they don’t need to be trained or reminded how to use it.
- Employees don’t need to learn how to use a new HR app, or remember complex login details.
Real-time and Improved Communication
- WhatsApp provides real-time communication, which means that employees can get quick responses to their HR-related queries and immediate access to payslips and other documents anywhere and anytime. This can be particularly important in situations where employees need urgent assistance or support.
- WhatsApp makes it easier and simpler to share important updates and other relevant information with employees. This can help improve transparency and reduce misunderstandings.
- WhatsApp allows for bulk messaging, which can be useful for HR teams to communicate with multiple employees at once. This can be particularly beneficial for sharing company-wide updates, such as changes to policies or procedures.
Cost Savings & Ease of Implementation
- HR apps can help save time in HR operations, but to develop a bespoke app requires a large initial investment and takes a long time to develop. You can make all app functionalities available on WhatsApp through much more cost-efficient chatbot development that integrates with Whatsapp and other existing chat apps. This is particularly true for small and medium-sized businesses that may not have the resources to invest in custom software development.
- Maintenance and cost to support a bespoke app is also significant and it cost the user much more in terms of having to download and frequently update the apps.
- WhatsApp is already on their phones and use minimal cost of data compared to more complex HR apps. WhatsApp can save your employees time and money.